Restoration Village could not fulfill it’s mission without the financial and volunteer assistance of our community. If you have been called to serve please consider sharing your time and unique talents with Restoration Village.
If your schedule does not allow you to volunteer we invite you to support Restoration Village with a financial gift. Every dollar helps provide women and their children with a safe abuse free environment while meeting their basic needs for food, shelter and clothing.
Join the Village Care Team
The Village Care Team consists of dedicated community members who have volunteered to assist Restoration Village in providing residents with their immediate unmet needs. Volunteers will only be called upon to help fulfill the pressing needs of residents that cannot be accommodated by the Village. If you would like to serve on the Village Care Team or have questions please contact Cynthia (Cie) Cochran to be added to our email distribution list.
Serve as a Mentor
Our Mentoring program needs female volunteers for our female residents and male volunteers for our older boys.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Reside in the Benton County area
- Agree to a one-year commitment to the program
- Commit to spending a minimum of eight hours a month with the mentee
- Be willing to communicate with the mentee weekly
- Have access to an automobile or reliable transportation
- Have a current driver’s license, auto insurance, and good driving record
- Have a clean criminal history
- Not use alcohol or controlled substances in an excessive or inappropriate or illegal manner
- Not be currently in treatment for substance abuse. If a substance abuse problem has occurred in the past the applicant must have completed a non-addictive period of at least five years
- Not currently be under treatment for a mental disorder or have been hospitalized for a mental disorder in the past three years
Role of the Mentor
As a mentor, your primary role is to provide guidance and support to your mentee based on his or her unique needs. At different points in the relationship, you will take on some or all of the following roles:
- Give advice and guidance, share ideas, and provide feedback
- Share information on “unwritten rules for success” in life, work, family.
Source of Encouragement/Support
- Act as sounding board for ideas/concerns about school/career choices; provide insights into possible opportunities
- Provide support on personal issues if appropriate
- Identify resources to help mentee enhance personal development and growth
- Expand the mentee’s network/support structure
- Serve as advocate for mentee whenever opportunity presents itself
- Seek opportunities for encouragement and building strengths
- When appropriate, play devil’s advocate to help mentee think through important decisions and strategies
- Demonstrating gratitude, thoughtfulness, hope, love, perseverance, etc. Our actions speak louder than our words.
For further information contact Tara Lentz.
Make an In-kind Donation
By meeting the immediate food, shelter, and clothing needs of residents we have provided them with the basic necessities required to take their first step towards recovery and ultimately independent living. To learn more about our in-kind needs please click here.